Provincial Medical Genetics Program - Prenatal Referral Centre
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
Rm C234, 4500 Oak St.
Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
Referral form for Provincial Medical Genetics Program
Department of Medical Genetics
Victoria General Hospital
1 Hospital Way
Victoria, BC V8Z 6R5
Referral form for Victoria Medical Genetics
Patients must be referred to Medical Genetics by their health care provider. Both medical genetics programs offer face-to-face and telehealth counselling. Telephone counselling is possible if telehealth is not available.
To ensure timely processing of referrals, please fax the completed referral form and all available records (see below) to the appropriate Medical Genetics clinic.
- any prenatal screen results (ie. NT, Quad/SIPS/IPS, first trimester screen)
- all obstetrical ultrasounds done in this pregnancy
- antenatal record part 1 & 2
- blood type report from Canadian Blood Services
- hematology panel, any thalassemia investigations
- any relevant consultations and other reports